As we all abide by social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, Sun Nuclear is pleased to offer virtual educational opportunities to the physics community. We hereby announce a Central America and Latin America Poster Competition in support of a Virtual QA & Dosimetry Symposium Central America and Latin America.
About the Event
The purpose of this event is for medical physicists to exchange ideas and QA and dosimetry experience using the solutions Sun Nuclear provides. Authors will submit the poster in both English and Spanish or Portuguese. A panel of judges will select the top six posters to present in a series of Virtual QADS webinars to physicists in the CALA region. The top three authors will also receive a travel grant for attending continuing educational events:
- First Place: One (1) travel grant to attend SUN DAYS Patient Safety Workshop at the Sun Nuclear Corporation headquarters in Melbourne, FL, USA.
- Second and Third Place: One (1) $500 travel grant to selected industry educational event*
Authors may submit any work featuring a Sun Nuclear solution. Below are suggested subjects, but papers are not limited to these ideas:
- Linac acceptance and TPS commissioning, with references to guidelines such as AAPM TG-106
- Patient-specific QA, with references to guidelines such as AAPM TG-119 and TG-218
- SRS/SBRT commissioning and QA, with references to guidelines such as AAPM TG-101 and IAEA TRS483
- Linac QA, with references to guidelines such as AAPM TG-142
- Comprehensive QA platform for efficiency improvement
- Transit Dosimetry for patient safety throughout the treatment course
- Remote QA during the pandemic
- Modality/technique-specific QA, such as MR-Linac, Halcyon, HyperArc, etc.
A panel of judges consists of physicists from Sun Nuclear Corporation, including Jeff Kapatoes, Ph.D., Jennifer Hamilton, M.E., DABR, Mark Rose, Ph.D., Greg Robinson, M.S., Jennifer Clark, M.S. DABR, and Jie Shi, Ph.D. The panel will select the best posters according to criteria that includes:
- relevance to the current clinical needs on QA and dosimetry,
- quality of the data and data analysis,
- organization/presentation of the materials.
Submission Details & Important Dates
Digital posters should be sent as a PPT or PDF file, and all submissions must be received via the Submission form.
|June 15, 2020||Digital Poster Due|
|June 22, 2020||Top-rated Posters Announced|
|June 29, 2020||Virtual QADS Registration Open (no cost to join)|
|July 6, 2020||Virtual QADS Webinar series begins|
*All cash prize grants are reimbursed by receipts and are subject to verification of compliance with applicable laws, rules, and contractual obligations.