SunCHECK™ Patient brings Plan Checks, Secondary Calculations, Pre-Treatment QA and In-Vivo Monitoring into a single workflow, on the same platform as your Machine QA.
SunCHECK Patient streamlines data transfer and time-consuming tasks, enabling greater focus on improved treatment quality.
Common Analysis Tools & Centralized Storage of Results
In support of standardization, SunCHECK Patient provides common analyses across each Patient QA phase -- and stores all results for easy retrieval and review.
Custom-Fit for Your Clinic
We optimize SunCHECK Patient for the planning and delivery technologies you use -- and provide flexible, automated analysis options for every step. As updates occur and your needs evolve, SunCHECK Patient adapts.
Use with the EPID to uncover errors due to patient setup and beam delivery throughout the treatment course.
Phase 1: Plan Quality Checks
Assuring plan quality requires significant experience, focus and expertise. PlanCHECK eases this time-intensive task.
PlanCHECK automatically loads patients’ plan files into the Treatment Planning System and performs the plan checks – reducing the time required for this demanding process.
Play video >
Phase 2: Secondary Dose Calculations
Secondary dose calcs remain a key safeguard before treatment begins. DoseCHECK provides calculated-versus-planned 3D Clinical Goals analysis, as well as per-beam and composite MU comparisons.
A collapsed cone convolution/superposition algorithm supports C-arm linacs and the Varian Halcyon™ System. A Monte Carlo dose calculation supports Accuray TomoTherapy®/Radixact® Systems, HDR Brachytherapy and treatments using stereotactic cones.
Phase 3: Pre-Treatment QA
For pre-treatment QA, SunCHECK Patient flexibly supports 3D CRT, IMRT/VMAT AND SRS/SBRT calculation and delivery.
- Choose phantomless, using the EPID and/or Log File data
- Directly connect with ArcCHECK® for an array-based approach
Results are presented via a dashboard and patient list — no need to manually create, register, or input patients. Email notices are sent for failed results.
Phase 4: In-Vivo Monitoring
With SunCHECK Patient, you can automatically verify:
- Patient setup against the treatment plan,
- First fraction dose delivery vs. plan, and
- Ongoing fractions for anatomy- and setup-related issues.
Results are analyzed in 3D using EPID and/or Log File data, or in 2D through the Transit Dosimetry feature, with no additional time or effort required.
“Because this system is fully automated so that no physicist time is required for data acquisition and evaluation, daily patient treatment QA is feasible.”
J Appl Clin Med Phys (2018)
Answering Clinical Need for Efficiency, Insights
More than 1,000 clinical sites have adopted SunCHECK, and a wealth of publications affirm its clinical value. Review our publications to learn more.
In-depth insights for each phase of Patient QA are within easy reach for your staff, from any networked computer.
Like ArcCHECK®, SunCHECK Patient supports AAPM Task Group 218 requirements for pre-treatment QA.
Absolute Dosimetric QA
Using calibrated EPID data, true dosimetric In-Vivo Monitoring is clinically feasible, creating a fully independent absolute dosimetric QA of patient treatments.
ArcCHECK connectivity within SunCHECK Patient expands pre-treatment QA options, with enhanced root-cause analysis of delivery issues.
Complete Device Control
SunCHECK allows full control of essential Sun Nuclear Patient and Machine QA devices, without having to launch or maintain a separate application.
Develop and implement an in-vivo dosimetry program for a busy department working across four locations. Efficiently uncover treatment errors and improve patient safety.
- Evaluation of automated pre-treatment and transit in-vivo dosimetry in radiotherapy using empirically determined parameters
- Results of 2 years of automated pre-treatment and absolute transit in vivo dosimetry
- Validation of a GPU-Based 3D dose calculator for modulated beams
- A hybrid volumetric dose verficiation method for single-isocenter mutliple-target cranial SRS
- Validation of forward projected EPID based transit dosimetry for daily In Vivo dosimetry in an automated workflow & evaluation of initial patient data
- 1-year experience with automated transit in vivo dosimetry in a busy multicenter department
- Real Time dose computation; GPU-accelerated source modeling and superposition/convolution
- Towards real time radiation therapy: GPU accelerated superposition/ convolution
- Integrated Platform Supports Advances in Radiation Therapy Workflow
- Analysis of dose variations and sources of error in VMAT treatments with an EPID-based in vivo dosimetry system
- Can a commercially available EPID dosimetry system detect small daily patient setup errors for cranial IMRT/SRS?
- First Report of the Clinical use of a Commercial Automated System for Daily Patient QA using EPID Exit Images
- Sensitivity study of an automated system for daily patient QA using EPID exit dose images
- Validation of three-dimensional electronic portal imaging device-based PerFRACTION™ software for patient-specific quality assurance
- Comparison of CT number calibration techniques for CBCT-based dose calculation
- Comparison of two different EPID-based solutions performing pretreatment quality assurance: 2D portal dosimetry versus 3D forward projection method
- In Vivo dosimetry using CBCT and EPID device; analysis of sources of errors in VMAT Treatments
- A Multidisciplinary approach to Palliation -Rapid Access Targeted Personalised Radiotherapy Clinic
- In vivo dosimetry with electronic portal imaging device in VMAT for prostate cancer
- In vivo dosimetry in external beam radiotherapy
- A quantification of the effectiveness of EPID dosimetry and software-based plan verification systems in detecting incidents in radiotherapy
- Catching errors with in vivo EPID dosimetry
- Secondary Calculations: Revisiting Rationale, Rethinking Methodologies
- DoseCHECK & PerFRACTION: On the Accuracy of the SNC Dose Calculator Algorithm
- On the Matter of Forward Versus Back Projection for Radiotherapy 3D Dose Reconstruction
- EPID Dosimetry in SunCHECK™ Patient: EPID Calibration, Pre-Treatment QA and In-Vivo Monitoring
- Addressing Misconceptions on Patient QA
- Best of QADS: Optimizing Patient and Machine QA Workflows with Automation and Integration
- Clinical Implementation of an EPID Based Transit Dosimetry Solution
- Clinical Experience on an Automated QA Platform in a Busy Multicentre Department (Hosted by Physics World)
- First Look: PlanCHECK, Part of the SunCHECK Platform
- Automated Patient-Specific QA Throughout the Treatment Course
- Explore the Metrics to Detect Treatment Variability in EPID in-Vivo Dosimetry
- First-Year Experience with Automated Transit In-Vivo Dosimetry in a Busy Multicenter Department
- Patient specific VMAT QA for Multi-Met SRS with SunCHECK Patient/PerFRACTION
- Integration and Automation of QA in Radiation Oncology
- An Integrated Platform for Patient and Machine QA
- SunCHECK™ Platform Overview Video
- PlanCHECK Demo Video
- SunCHECK Patient Datasheet
- PlanCHECK Datasheet
- SunCHECK Platform Brochure
- SunCHECK Feature Table
- SunCHECK FAQ
- SunDEPLOYS Brochure
- Iridium Kankernetwerk Case Study
- Clatterbridge Cancer Centre Case Study
- Clatterbridge Cancer Centre Case Study: Standardizing Quality Management with Sun Nuclear Solutions
- Case Study: Vitta Radioterapia Porto Alegre (Brazil) Patient-Specific QA with SunCHECK Patient
Google Chrome (recommended), IE11
Meets Reimbursement/Reporting Requirements
Supported Treatment Modalities
HDR Brachytherapy, 3D CRT, IMRT, VMAT, SRS and SBRT
Yes, SunCHECK Patient